Manufacturing and Training Coordinator Job Advert
Job Title: Manufacturing and Training Coordinator
Reference code: LWR001
Based in: Bristol. This is an in-person role, working with a small group of people, with the option of WHF for some of your hours.
Reports to: Project Manager
Hours: Part Time, 16 hours over 2 days
Contract type: Fixed-term contract for 9 months, October 2020 – June 2021, subject to renewal pending successful grant funding
Salary: £18,500 per annum (pro rata for PT)
Overview of organisation:
LoveWell is a Community Interest Company offering supportive employment and training to women in Bristol who wish to exit the sex trade through the manufacture and sale of luxury natural skincare products.
- To be a supportive, transformative employer for women in Bristol and the south west who wish to move on from a reliance on the sex trade for income.
- To support women to build upon their skills and abilities in the workplace
- To provide an opportunity for women to enter the job market free from prejudice and negative perceptions.
- To build a community of confident, resilient women who will move into economic independence.
- To be an organisation which is recognised in the beauty industry as a brand of expertly-crafted, inclusive, high-end, natural skincare products.
Supporting the day-to-day running of the organisation by coordinating and overseeing the Live and Work Well training programme. This involves overseeing the manufacturing of all products and training LoveWell’s 5 trainees in production processes. Working with the Project Manager to develop new sales channels and overseeing procurement and order fulfilment, ensuring excellence is achieved in all aspects of the organisation from delivery of training and support to high quality products.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for all administration relating to the manufacturing of LoveWell products including ordering ingredients/equipment, stock rotation, batch numbers and general management to ensure smooth delivery.
- Accurate recording of all financial transactions related to manufacturing and sales.
- Training and oversight of Live and Work well trainees in manufacturing processes
- Responsibility for following health and safety guidelines, taking into account Covid-19 protocols
- Regular reporting to Project Manager on trainee wellbeing and skills development
- Responsibility for quality control of all manufactured products
- Supporting Project Manager to increase sales channels, including liaising with retailers to manage stock levels in retail outlets.
- Working alongside the Project Manager to ensure all aspects of the organisation run in accordance with its aims and objectives.
- Helping with administrative tasks and general office support, such as answering emails and phone calls.
Who we are looking for:
LoveWell is a small organisation with big ambitions. This is an exciting opportunity for someone passionate about using business to effect social change. If you have experience in delivering products or services to a high standard, are flexible and able to respond to the changing demands of LoveWell’s business and training programme, we want to hear from you. This is a great position for someone wanting to be part of shaping the future of an organisation that is making a positive impact on peoples’ lives.
Job Requirements and Abilities
- General Education to GCSE standard with an A-C grade in English & Maths or equivalent standard
- Working understanding of I.T. packages (including: Word, Excel, E-mail, Power Point, Internet, Googledocs, Google calendar)
- Understanding of requirement for confidentiality
- Experience of cash handling
- Must consent to a DBS check (opportunity to disclose any criminal convictions in advance)
- Good communication with stakeholders
- Able to work with others to deliver products and services of a high standard
- Able to work flexibly to meet the demands of the service
- Confident telephone manner
- Able to work under own initiative, prioritise tasks to agreed timelines for themselves and others
- Able to work in the UK
- Any other further education certificate
- Experience of financial systems including budget monitoring and forecasting (Xero, iZettle, card payment machines)
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- Understanding of manufacturing processes for natural skincare products
- Experience of training and supporting a group of trainees
- Awareness of the issues faced by women exiting the sex trade
- Committed to ongoing development of themselves and service
- Ability to sometimes work under pressure and creative at problem solving
For more information and to request an application pack please contact Claire at email@example.com
Deadline: Midnight, 6th October 2020
Interviews to take place week commencing 12th October.
Option for in-person interviews or via zoom. Please state clearly in a covering email if you have a preference.
NB: Due to the remit of LoveWell to offer support to vulnerable women and the sensitive nature of the work, only female applicants for this post are considered, in accordance with the provisions of the Occupational Requirement (Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9 Part I).