LoveWell: Pioneering Business Growth & Women's Empowerment -
Voluntary Chair of the Board
Make a difference to the lives of marginalised women through the role as Chair of the Board of LoveWell UK C.I.C.
As the Chair, and a Director of LoveWell UK C.I.C., you will play a pivotal role in helping to shape the future of our organisation, with a focus on business growth as a means of supporting women from marginalised backgrounds into employment. Along with the other Board members you will lead on setting the strategic direction of the organisation, ensuring financial sustainability, and maximising the impact of our work with women. You will be working with a team of skilled and dedicated Directors and be a key driver in the transformation of women’s lives. We are an inclusive organisation and welcome applications from those who can help us to achieve these aims.
This is an opportunity to work with a fantastic team of women whose mission is to create a business that changes the lives of women who have experienced trafficking and exploitation. You will be an important part of helping to transform the lives of women.
About LoveWell UK C.I.C.
LoveWell is not just an organisation; it is an inspiring organisation and a force for positive change, dedicated to providing employment opportunities for women. We make luxury well-being products, made by women who have been on an employability programme run by our charitable arm, Lovewell Foundation. We want to grow the business, so that more women from our training programme can access employment opportunities within the organisation. This means growing our income and profitability through sales of our products.
As a Community Interest Company, our mission extends beyond philanthropy; we're committed to driving sustainable business growth while creating employment opportunities for more women.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Lead the Board and help provide strong governance, good risk management and financial oversight. This requires reviewing management accounts at every board meeting, approval of the annual statutory accounts and overseeing the setting of budgets.
- Support the CEO to drive business growth and profitability.
- Chair Board meetings 6 times annually and encourage active participation within meetings from all Board members. Most meetings take place via zoom, but we try and have at least one meeting in person.
- Be available to attend and lead two strategy days in Bristol annually. Provide direction on strategy days which historically have taken place twice annually in person.
- Demonstrate strong business and financial acumen. Experience of marketing in the retail sector including online platforms would be advantageous.
- Demonstrate an understanding of sales and marketing as key drivers of sales and profitability.
- Be the figurehead for the company promoting our work and ambitions to all stakeholders.
In addition to the above you will need to set time aside to speak with the CEO regularly, read Board papers and financial reports.
How to Apply:
Please send a CV and an accompanying letter outlining why you are interested in this role and what you can offer.
For an informal chat, please contact either Claire Dormand, LoveWell’s CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org or Chris Carter, the current Chair at email@example.com