Board opportunity for person with marketing and sales experience
LoveWell UK is a social enterprise providing support for women in Bristol who want to leave the sex trade. LoveWell’s Live and Work Well programme provides training, pastoral care, work placements and short-term employment in the production and sale of luxury wellbeing products.
LoveWell is expanding its Trustee Board and is looking for someone with strategic and operational skills and experience in sales and marketing to help focus on commercial activity. This is an opportunity to make a significant difference to the lives of the women involved in the Live and Work Well programme by developing LoveWell’s sales strategy and helping to secure the organisation’s financial future.
What does LoveWell do:
- Working in partnership with other similar organisations, LoveWell provides practical support for women who want to leave the sex trade
- Lovewell runs the Live and Work Well programme offering life skills, and work readiness training, pastoral care, work placements and short-term employment as part of a woman’s route out of sex work
- The Live and Work Well programme provides a sage and confidential space for the women to explore their ambitions and grow in confidence. It is designed to help them build a social and professional network that will support them beyond the life of the programme
- Lovewell is aiming to be fully funded by the sale of the wellbeing products it manufactures through the programme
- LoveWell has a small team running the day to day operations and this is overseen by the board
You will join a board who have been working on building the social enterprise for the last few years. LoveWell achieved CIC status (a registered company) in September and are working towards CIO (charity status). As part of this development, LoveWell is looking for someone with sales and marketing skills and experience to get involved in developing and leading its commercial strategy.
Marketing and Sales
The long term aim is for sales to fully fund the Live and Work Well programme. To do this, we need help with:
- Building an online presence to promote sales using platforms like Etsy and Facebook and Instagram
- Providing insight and developing a social media policy
- Developing a strategy for sales and income generation
The board currently volunteers about 3 hours a week. This commitment varies week to week. Meetings are currently held via Zoom and there are emails to respond to and work each trustee takes on between meetings to further LoveWell’s aims.
If you are interested?
- The next step is to contact us and tell us what you want to contribute and why you want to join the board. Please send your CV and 300 words about why you would like to be considered to email@example.com
- Your application will be reviewed at the next board meeting and you may be asked some more questions
- You will attend a board meeting before deciding whether to join the board of trustees
For more information & to Apply
If you would be interested in this opportunity, please contact Lovewell’s Project Manager, Claire Dormand at firstname.lastname@example.org providing a copy of your CV and outlining why you are interested in the role and any other relevant information.
We will contact you for an informal conversation following receipt of your application.